We have seen people struggling to find the authentic information of CSS Exam. So we at TopStudyTips provided detailed and easy-to-understand information about CSS Exam.
CSS Stands for:
CSS stands for Central Superior Service. It is a permanent bureaucratic elite authority and a civil service accountable for the organization of civil bureaucratic operations, government secretaries and cabinet offices in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
In easy words, CCS define Civil services (e.g. Police), work as the pillars of the state. Every service has a leader or a person who can handle the operation under a certain service. So the CSS exam is held to find the most capable person for the service.
Civil Services for which the CSS test is Conducted:
Here is the list of Civil Departments and Services where the CSS exam is held to fulfil the Positions/Vacancies
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Foreign Services of Pakistan
- Commerce and Trade Services
- Postal Services Group
- Railways Group
- Customer and Excise Services
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
- Office Management Group
- Income Tax Group
- District Management Group
- Information Group
- Military Lands and Cantonment Group
When the CSS exam held:
CSS Exam is held in February every year. The examination dates are announced through advertising, Largely on Newspapers.
Who Conduct CSS Exam:
(FPSC) Federal Public Service Commission is responsible for these competitive examinations.
CSS Exam Eligibility Criteria:
Now, we are going to briefly discuss the Eligibility Criteria for candidates, who are interested in CSS Exam.
The Age Limit for CSS Exam is 21-30 years. Two years of relaxation is given to the candidate who is already a government servant, he is given 2 more years meaning he can apply at 32.
The interested candidate must be a Pakistani Residence.
Or he can be a permanent resident of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 2nd division from an HEC recognized government or private university. Or he must have an equivalent degree from any foreign university.
- If the candidate has the 3rd division in the bachelor’s can also apply for CSS exams if he has scored higher division in the Master’s Degree.
What is the Selection Process for CSS Exam:
- Announcement of CSS Exam through Advertisement
- Fulfilment of eligibility criteria
- Submission of the applications
- Written exam (Main CSS Exam)
- Medical test
- Psychology test
- At last Interview
Cities where CSS Exam is Held:
Here is a list of cities where CSS Exams are held.
- Dera Ghazi Khan
- Dera Ismail Khan
Cities where Interviews are Held:
How to apply for CSS Exam:
- The date sheet of CSS Exam is announced through advertisement in September every year.
- The candidate has to submit the required fee in the advised bank and get the receipt
- Apply the submission of a fee, the candidate can apply for the CSS exam through an online form on the FPSC website.
- Download that online form and attach the documents. Along with the bank receipt and post it to the headquarters of FPSC.
- Copies of educational documents
- Photographs (Size mentioned on FPSC Website)
- Experience Certificate if needed
- Bank receipt
- If applied of relaxation of age limit, then submission of a related certificate by the authorities
The online form to be filled is available on the official website of FPSC Islamabad